Cindy Ledbetter, M.S,N, P.M.H.N.P – B.C.
Cindy, a psychiatric nurse practitioner, has over 24 years of medical experience combined with 30 years of business ownership and administration. Medical experience includes, psychiatry, case management, emergency department, intensive care, geriatrics and home health. She has managed for both profit and not for profit organizations. Administrative experience includes director of nursing for a child’s psychiatric hospital, clinical director for home health, and staff educator in long term care. She has also worked retail management and has had ownership of a small manufacturing firm, restaurant and a daycare.
Cindy is also active in her local community working as a team leader and researcher in 2015 with a local non-profit organization to raise community awareness to suicide rates and opiate overdose in Vanderburgh and Warrick County. Cindy also traveled to San Antonio Texas in 2016 as part of a research team in an effort to decrease the mental health population of the Vanderburgh County Jail. Her jail diversion efforts lead to the development of the local Mental Health Commission. In 2017 Cindy shifted her focus to Warrick County and ran for public office. Cindy won a seat on the Warrick County Council in 2018, and was elected to the Indiana House of Representatives in November of 2020.
Cindy is married and currently resides in Newburgh, Indiana. She works for a local hospital in an outpatient clinic providing psychiatric services and medication management to persons of all ages. Cindy treats depression, anxiety, mood disorder, ADHD, trauma, schizophrenia, and addiction.
- Ivy Tech State College ADN 1999
- University of Southern Indiana, BSN 2011
- University of Southern Indiana MSN/Family Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner 2013
- University of Southern Indian Doctorate of Nursing (DNP) 2020-present
Licensure & Certifications
• Registered Nurse Licensure Indiana, Kentucky and Illinois
• Advanced Practiced Nurse Licensure state of Indiana
• Board Certification: ANCC
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Girl Scout Leader, Raintree Girl Scout Council 2001
- Cardiac Education Committee, St. Mary’s Medical Center 2001
- Indiana Pressure Ulcer Initiative Committee- Vibrant Home Health 2007
- Indiana State Nurses Association – 1999 – Present
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association 2012 – Present
- Coalition of Advanced Practice Nurses (CAPNI), Indiana 2013 – present
- Congregations Acting for Justice and Empowerment (CAJE) of Evansville, Board Member, Team Leader Mental Health Research 2014- 2016
- The Izaak Walton League Of America, Evansville Chapter 2015 – Present
- American Legion Auxiliary Kapperman Post 44- Historian/Legislative Chairman 2018, Recording Secretary/Legislative Chairman 2019, Executive Board 2019-2020
- STAND -Student Account No Debt, 2017 – 2018
- Newburgh Pool Pals 2018 -2019
- Warrick County Council, elected term 2019-2022
- SWIRCA Board of Directors, 2019-2023