Health, Hope & Healing
In searching for a path to total wellness it must be realized that the biology of our complex and intricate brain cannot be separated from our social and environmental experiences.
Development of the body, mind and spirit occur along parallel lines in complex ways. Environment interacts with genetics through the complex structure of the brain and depending upon these factors may produce psychiatric disorders.
The goal of this website is to provide you with the information you need to find your path to total wellness.
Cindy Ledbetter, M.S,N, P.M.H.N.P – B.C,
Cindy, a psychiatric nurse practitioner, has over 22 years of medical experience combined with 28 years of business ownership and administration. Medical experience includes, psychiatry, case management, emergency department, intensive Care, geriatrics and home health. She has managed for both profit and not for profit organizations. Administrative experience includes director of nursing for a child’s psychiatric hospital, clinical director for home health, and staff educator in long term care. She has also worked retail management and has had ownership of a small manufacturing firm, restaurant and a daycare.
Cindy is also active in her local community working as a team leader and researcher in 2015 with a local non-profit organization to raise community awareness to suicide rates and opiate overdose in Vanderburgh and Warrick County. Cindy also traveled to San Antonio Texas in 2016 as part of a research team in an effort to decrease the mental health population of the Vanderburgh County Jail. Her jail diversion efforts lead to the development of the local Mental Health Commission. In 2017 Cindy shifted her focus to Warrick County and became an active board member of the ALA Kapperman Post 44.
Cindy is married and currently resides in Newburgh, Indiana. She works for a local hospital in an outpatient clinic providing psychiatric services and medication management to persons of all ages. Cindy treats depression, anxiety, mood disorder, ADHD, trauma, schizophrenia, and addiction.
• Ivy Tech State College ADN 1999
• University of Southern Indiana, BSN 2011,
• University of Southern Indiana MSN/Family Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner 2013
Licensure & Certifications
• Registered Nurse Licensure Indiana, Kentucky and Illinois
• Advanced Practiced Nurse Licensure state of Indiana
• Board Certification: ANCC
Professional Activities & Memberships
• Girl Scout Leader, Raintree Girl Scout Council 2001
• Cardiac Education Committee, St. Mary’s Medical Center 2001
• Indiana Pressure Ulcer Initiative Committee- Vibrant Home Health 2007
• Indiana State Nurses Association – 1999 – Present
• American Psychiatric Nurses Association 2012 – Present
• Coalition of Advanced Practice Nurses (CAPNI), Southwestern Indiana 2013 – Present
• Congregations Acting for Justice and Empowerment (CAJE) of Evansville, Board Member, Team Leader Mental Health Research 2014- 2016
• American Legion Auxiliary Kapperman Post 44- Historian/Legislative Chairman 2017
• The Izaak Walton League Of America, Evansville Chapter 2015 – Present
- 2015 was instrumental with CAJE in local law enforcement carrying Narcan for Posey, Warrick and Vanderburgh County. http://thedartcenter.org/our-impact/criminal-justice-reform/2015/09/caje-fights-to-get-officers-equipped-with-narcan/
- 2016 was active, with CAJE, in researching and leading efforts for jail diversion in Vanderburgh County which lead to the development of the Vanderburgh County Mental Health Commission. http://hot96.com/news/articles/2017/oct/17/mental-health-commission-to-work-on-jail-diversion/
- 2017 Became a board member of Kapperman Post #44 in Newburgh Indiana, in an effort to help local veterans and community through volunteering and fund raising.
Mental Health Summit, Jail diversion, mental health crisis care center/sobering unit , CAJE , March 2016. http://www.14news.com/story/31213273/evasnville-community-leaders